Inspired by my recent stay in my mother's house, I endeavored to create The Perfect Sunday Dinner today.
Let me point out the key elements:
1 - Napkins folded at each place setting. Because it's lovely.
2 - A small plate for jello, since gravy and jello are a bad combination.
3 - Roast beef slow-cooked to juicy goodness, not over-cooked to grey nothingness, which is my specialty.
4 - Jello. For the love of all things gelatinous, I MADE A SUCCESSFUL JELLO!!!
5 - Carrots cooked with the roast. Best vegetable known to man.
6 - Gravy that actually tastes like something other than salted, fatty water.
7 - Homemade rolls. A must.
8 - Placemats, which I purchased yesterday for this occasion. Because, again, it's lovely.
9 - Mashed potatoes made from real potatoes, peeled and boiled, then mashed just enough to allow for occasional soft, potatoey lumps.
9 - Mashed potatoes made from real potatoes, peeled and boiled, then mashed just enough to allow for occasional soft, potatoey lumps.
It was a triumph, a triumph I say! It may never again be duplicated, but I now have photographic evidence that I can create The Perfect Sunday Dinner.
Please, hold your applause.

3 comments:
The jello alone deserves our applause.
clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!!!!
I'm almost moved to tears that there are HOMEMADE rolls. Our table has never seen those.
Post a Comment