Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

 Tonight we saw the highly-anticipated Man of Steel.

I'm not going to lie--I was little let down.  It was a little dark and heavy and sci-fi-y.  I kind of wanted it to be more fun, which it wasn't at all.  And, the last third of the movie felt like gratuitous action, which I think is so boring.  I mean, if you've seen one building blow up, you've seen 'em all. Sitting through 30+ minutes of explosion after explosion = meh.  

In fact, Lukie is barefoot because he fell asleep midway through all the exploding, and we put his flip-flops in my purse so they wouldn't fall off when Brad carried him.  I was also fighting to keep my eyes open, but I wouldn't allow them to close because I didn't want to miss any close-ups of Clark Kent.  Anyone with eyeballs will know why.


1 comment:

Jodi said...

That's too bad. I was watching a Spiderman movie the other night, thinking how weird it was that I actually really like superhero movies. Maybe I'll have to pass on this one.