Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

 Scout camp!!

I dropped these guys at the church this morning at 4:00 AM--yes, you read that right--4:00 AM!!  Then, I drove myself home and went back to bed until 8:30.  My last thought as my eyes drifted closed was that somewhere on a Texas highway, our ward scoutmaster was in a truck full of teenaged boys, looking at a week of 100 degree heat, rancid socks, boy armpits, and hoards of bugs.  

One of us is going to heaven, and it isn't me.   Today, I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

MarieC said...

They'll love it. Just remember my advice about the laundry. Keep it in the laundry room or the garage, don't let it into the house!

Jodi said...

We had Troop #409 from Fort Worth attend our sacrament meeting on sunday morning on their way to scout camp. I was hoping your boys were part of this troop, but no.