Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012


Tonight, our ward hosted a two-stake dance for the youth.  It was a 50's theme with a live band, cute decorations (see above), and the opportunity to dress up if you wanted.  They asked me to come do a little dance workshop at the very beginning, which of course I was thrilled to do (seriously, my favorite thing.  Too bad it can't be a calling).

Brad was there to be my dreamy partner, and Jess and Pep came, too.  Since he just turned 14, this was Pepper's first stake dance, and I think he was a little overwhelmed.  Jessica was just bummed.  There was a really big turn-out, and as the gym filled with all these cute kids from two stakes, she leaned over to me and said, "This would be sooooo fun if I had friends."  But, without a wingman, she didn't feel like she could stay, so we left about 45 minutes after the workshop ended.

Walking out of the gym, I put my arm around her and told her I wish she had someone there she could hang with.  She just told me not to say anything, because it would make her cry.  

Me too, Jess, me too.

2 comments:

MarieC said...

Aww, that'd make anyone cry.

Jodi said...

Parenthood sucks sometimes. I remember a friend of mine asking me when I thought was going to be my most challenging time as a parent. It was right after I had Ryan so I naively said right then would be probably be the hardest. Don't I wish. Dealing with lonely kids and my kids "friends" being mean to them is WAY worse than having a newborn and 15 month old at the same time. Darn it Jess.