Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I can see why so many country songs say something about the big Texas sky.


 Since we've moved here, Jessica has become a hard-core sky fanatic. She takes pictures of the sky daily, usually as we're driving home from seminary and the sun is just coming up.

 We heard when we visited Salsburg, Austria, that the director of The Sound of Music was so taken by the city that he made a huge effort to feature it prominently in the film.  He said that he felt like Salsburg was one of the characters in the story.

That is kind of how the sky feels here.  With all the flat space out here, the sky can be overwhelming--it is a real presence.  I guess I could copy Robert Wise and say it is like a big, silent character in our Texas chapter.

1 comment:

MarieC said...

Beautiful!! Can we come stay with you when Texas secedes from the Union? ;-)