Tonight, Pepper and I joined Lois, Kim, Becky, and Emma at the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert in the Conference Center in Salt Lake. It was AWESOME!
Katherine Jenkins was the guest star. She is a Welsh classical singer (the non-intimidating term for opera singer) who was on last season's Dancing With the Stars. She impressed me on DWTS because she was always so ladylike and gracious and lovely - no matter what the situation - and after every show I'd think to myself, "When I grow up, I want to be like Katherine Jenkins."
She was exactly the same tonight at the MoTab concert. Every time she talked with the audience, she had something positive, complimentary, and articulate to say. Plus, she did it in her lilting Welsh accent, which just made it that much more lovely. And when she sang, I almost liked opera, which is saying something for her skills.
But the HIGHLIGHT of the night was after she sang the Carmen song. She was dressed in a Spanish dress, looking all Flamenco-licious, when she announced that Mark Ballas, her partner from DWTS, was there. He came onto the stage in his sparkly matador jacket and jazzy black-and-white shoes and THEY DANCED A PASO DOBLE!
It was beyond awesome!
(I may have "Whoo-Hooed" in the Conference Center.)
(More than once.)
I wasn't allowed to bring a camera into the conference center, so I had to take this super awful photo of Pepper with my super awful phone after the concert.
To make it worse, either my phone is too stupid to send the photo to my email, or I am too stupid to figure out how to do so. I'm going to assume it is the phone. So, I had to take a picture of the photo on my phone. But, you get the gist, right?
1 comment:
LOL, love this! The thought of Mark and Katherine doing a paso in the conference center makes me want to Woo Hoo too!
Post a Comment