Today was the long-awaited premiere of The Help movie. I went with my sisters, mom, and sister-in-law (Whitney joined us after this photo was taken) and it was awesome!
I read the book last year and it was my favorite book of the year (it probably didn't hurt that I read it during our Alaska cruise). Ever since I saw that a movie was being made, I've been anxious to see it. So, my seesters and I made an Event out of it by grabbing lunch and hitting one of the very first showings. The movie was exactly what I wanted it to be, and it made for a perfect almost-end-of-the-summer outing with my fam.

3 comments:
I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the movie! The book was fantastic.
I love, love, love the book and I thought the movie was incredible. That almost never happens--liking the movie as much as the novel. I predict Oscars. Many Oscars.
I read the book too and I thought it was spectacular! I just recently learned that the author had her manuscript rejected SIXTY times before she found a publisher. I bet those publishers are kicking themselves now. Can't wait to sneak away and see the movie!
Post a Comment