This Fall, I am enrolled in a German language class through the local Volkshochschule, which is like community education. It meets 4 days a week for 4 hours per day, so it's pretty intense.
I had my first class this morning, and I was kind of nervous. Luckily, by the end of the class period, I was still breathing, and I found that it wasn't bad at all. The class is made up of students from all over, so our only common language is German, which none of us can speak. Nobody takes themselves too seriously, and it's no big deal to screw up. I have to admire the teacher - she did a lot of pantomime, drawings, and repeating sentences over and over to make sure we understood what she was teaching us.
This is the building where the class is held. My class meets on the second floor behind that row of windows.

2 comments:
I am so excited for you.
This is the same building where I had German class a few years ago! Maybe I need to look up and see if there's another class I can go to. Enjoy!
Post a Comment