Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Upstairs is kind of the Kid-Zone at our house.

This is Adam's and Luke's room at the top of the stairs.  Through those windows, I can see right into a German couple's apartment next door.  Their whole wall facing us is windows, and they don't have curtains.  I have nicknamed them Frau and Otis, and I love to watch their orderly little German life unfold as I spy on them through the windows.  (Have I shared too much?  Am I going to get arrested?)  This is Adam's bed, but he rarely gets the whole thing to himself.  I often find all three boys asleep in it when I check on them at night.

This is Jessica's pig-sty bedroom.  I asked her to clean it so I could take a picture of it, but she didn't do it in time.  Her punishment is that I am publishing her shame for all to see.  Feel free to give her a hard time.

We use this big room as a playroom for the kids. This half is set up for the X-box and also a cozy place to watch DVD's.  I love having this tucked up here away from the main living space of the house.  It keeps the kid noise contained upstairs.

The room is kind of divided in two.  This half is where all the toys are.

Well, that is the dime tour of our Germany House.  As you can see, Brad did a great job finding a house for us here, and we have tons of room.  I didn't even show you the basement, but we have even more space down there. 

We love having visitors, and hope this entices you to plan a trip to Berlin!

8 comments:

Marisa said...

What an awesome house! And you have a great "decorator" style. Thanks for sharing!

MarieC said...

How many square feet? It looks GINORMOUS. I think I could live in a place like that if I were in Germany.

Wharton Family said...

Jill, you have done a great job making the house your home. Brad did a great job picking this one.

Suzette said...

I think it looks wonderful, and I so enjoyed your commentary. I love how open and honest you are...you are so easy to relate to. I don't think I could live without a sling box either if I lived outside the states!

Jeneil said...

This reminds me of every Little People house I tried to make with various blocks and Lego's back in the day. I always had a sprawling cottage with great windows and nifty rooms in mind. You and Brad done good and I love your decor! Now if only we could get a look at the half bath in your closet...

Anonymous said...

I love your house in Berlin! You have done a great job decorating it! Love the staircase and Your bathroom. I wish we did have towel warmers here. I Love your view of Little America in your Back Yard. Great Job Jill!
I miss you and Thanks for sharing your adventure with me!
Love Lauralyn

Gerri Hofer said...

I think it's a great house!!! Lots of room. I'm all for the towel warmer.
It it also very clean!!! Tell Jessica that Jenna's room used to be much worse then her's.

ColleenandKendra said...

How neat, Jill! So spacious and interesting! Love the towel warmer---you'll sure miss that!