Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

And that's what they call Closure...

This year for Christmas, Santa brought our family a big puzzle to work on over the holidays.  He may have been a bit over-ambitious, because the darn thing had 1500 pieces, and it took over our lives for a while.  Brad especially spent many hours at the table in the dining room/office, sipping Coke Zero and looking for those ellusive pieces.

Well, I am pleased to announce that we have FINISHED the puzzle.  Here is Brad, about to put in the last piece!

Now that it is all done, I must admit it was a fun family project.  Everyone got involved in putting parts of it together, and it was nice to sit around together, eating snacks and chit-chatting.  I think this is a tradition we will repeat next year, although I'm going to talk to Santa about choosing a puzzle with fewer pieces.  I think 1000 pieces is plenty.

Here we are with the finished product.  I tell you, nothing feels quite so satisfying as running your hands over a completed puzzle. 

A Sense of Accomplishment, Closure - I don't know what you'd call it, but it sure feels good!

2 comments:

ColleenandKendra said...

That is cool! What a creative family activity! I gotta ask...why is Adam wearing a winter coat and Pep wrapped in a blanket? Are you freezing your kiddos out? :-) BTW: Jess is getting prettier every day!

Jeneil said...

I must say this certainly impressed our family. We also started a puzzle tradition over the holiday but we only took on a 300 piecer. You guys rock!! That was amazing!