Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010


When we moved here, Pepper really wanted his own room, and the only room available was this small room on the main floor.  It is a cozy little place, and we laugh because after all his fuss about having his own room, Pepper wants to sleep upstairs with Adam and Luke all the time.  I guess the idea of his own room was more exciting than the reality.

This bathroom is at the end of that hall.  Brad and I use it as our master bathroom. When he was house-hunting, my good husband knew that a big tub would get him lots of brownie points.  I love soaking in this tub on cold winter nights and then crawling into bed to fall asleep to the TV.


Next to the bathroom is Brad's and my bedroom. Those framed pictures are photos I took of Bear Lake a couple of years ago.  We may live in Europe, and have access to all the famous sites here, but Bear Lake is still our favorite place on earth.

We have a Sling Box that attaches that laptop to a Comcast cable box in Brad's parents' house in Layton, UT.  Then, Brad hooked up the TV to be the screen for the laptop.  So, we can watch anything that is broadcast in Utah; we just have to DVR the shows we want to watch because primetime in Utah is the middle of the night here.   It has been a lifesaver to be able to watch my favorite shows and feel connected to American culture.  And since it is connected to cable in Utah, we can watch General Conference right here in our home.  This is a much better set-up than going to the stake center here and listening to the English translation of the German translation of the English talks.  I think I sing the praises of the Sling Box at least once a week - it is probably the single best thing Brad did to make our stay here bearable.

No comments: