Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Joy

OK, so a couple of Sundays ago, Sis. Hofer in our ward did a cool thing for the Relief Society lesson. As each person entered the room, she had them write down something that gave them joy, and then she taped all the papers around the room. The lesson was from Pres. Monson's last conference talk "Finding Joy in the Journey."

Well, I liked her idea of filling the room with joy, so the next night for FHE I had each of our family members write down ten things that bring them joy, and we taped them all over our family room. Even though having 60 slips of paper stuck to the walls with blue tape is hardly a decorator's dream, I liked being in there and reading what everyone wrote. It was especially nice to see them over the Thanksgiving week, because they are all things we are thankful for, too.

I just took all the slips down, and in honor of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd share what all of us wrote. In random order, here is what brings us joy:

Brad -
Adam, Pepper, the Gospel, Bear Lake, Friends, our home, Jill, golf, Jessica, Luke

Jill -
my comfy bed, going to Utah, my 4 children, watching Dancing with the Stars, our warm home, Brad, going to church, my testimony, cars that run, eating dinner together as a family, seminary

Jessica -
Grandmas' houses, Luker, Mom, Dad, family, Bear Lake, friends, FHE, riding horses, Pepper

Pepper -
Jessica, Mom, Luke, friends, Adam, school, Dad, playing, Thanksgiving

Adam -
friends, toys, TV, Luke, books, sharing, snow, family, Jesus

Luke - (yeah, he can't write, so we guessed at his)
choosing which jammies to wear, toys, Star Wars, nursery, juice, candy, chocolate milk, Dora, Mom & Dad

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy." - Guilaume Apollinaire

Happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

EmWJ said...

Guess who's teaching this lesson in a few weeks? So thanks!

angie said...

Hey Jill- Cute idea! Cute, cute kids! I liked watching the slide show.