Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!!

OH. MY. GOSH!!!!!

Guess who was at Adam's baseball game today!!  

Only JON FREAKING BON JOVI!!!!

 (Thank you Lana for staging this photo and making sure I got a copy of it.  This was a terrible day for me not to have my camera.)

Apparently, Mr. Bon Jovi is a neighbor of the American ambassador to Germany (he's from New Jersey).  The ambassador has a son who is Adam's age, and today his team happened to be playing Adam's team.  When the ambassador walked up to the game with his usual entourage of security, a handsome man in a black t-shirt caught my eye.  It took me a minute to figure out who I was seeing, and then I freaked out.  I swallowed hard, tried to breathe, and squeaked to Susanne, "Um, is that Jon Bon Jovi?!?"  She glanced over, her eyes got really wide, and she replied, "Yes, it IS!"  

Cue flushed cheeks and the desire to squeal like teenage girls!

(Don't worry, we held it together.  It was hard, though.)

So, I spent the next hour and a half about 12 feet away from JON BON JOVI!  He stood leaning on the fence, watching the game with his back to me (he was wearing Levi's by the way.  I happened to notice). 

 I should mention that Jon has been on My List since it's first draft.  He is the only member of My List that I have never replaced.  So, we've had this special relationship for years.  It's quite beautiful, when you think about it.  

And today, I must commend Jon for his grace.  I mean, the chemistry between us was palpable, yet he was able to act like he didn't even notice me.  Anyone who didn't know our history would think he was a super cool rock star who didn't know or care about me at all.  Rather than make on-lookers feel uncomfortable, he did a superb job at acting like the woman sitting behind him grinning like a love-struck idiot (me) meant nothing to him.  He's a gentleman like that.

So, just in case you missed it...


  ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Oh, I assume Adam played baseball as well.

6 comments:

MarieC said...

Oh. My. FREAKING. Gosh!!! What woman our age DOESN'T have Jon Bon Jovi on her List????? YUMMMMMMY.

"Oh, I assume Adam played baseball as well." Classic!!

Jodi said...

YOWZAH!!! He is as good-looking in person! (I assume, you're the one who actually saw him "in person!") I don't think I could have kept it together. I wanted to squeal just reading this.

ColleenandKendra said...

First: Your writing is hysterical. I just about died.

Second: Wow. JBJ is looking mighty fine, indeed.

Third: here's your ovation for not running over and acting like an idiot, because I probably would have. Or else just made him very uncomfortable by not being able to peel my eyes away...clap, clap, clap, clap!!!

Denise said...

Be still my heart!

Marisa said...

You are HILARIOUS!

Denise said...

Best blog post ever!