Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

This year, the Easter Bunny kept things pretty simple: a few pre-packaged chocolates and one gift per child.  After last year, I think the Easter Bunny knew he'd set the bar pretty low, so there wasn't much point in doing anything too fancy.

We did have a nice Easter dinner, though.

But, this was my favorite part of the whole day:
In February, Brad was asked to go do a little service project.  Sis. W, an older lady in our ward, is moving from her apartment and needed help getting her apartment ready to leave.  So, Brad dragged Pepper and Adam away from the Xbox and computer games to go peel old, I mean really old, wallpaper.  It took all day (side note: this was the Saturday I spent in bed reading my book.  You can see who is going to get this family into heaven).

Since that day, Sister W has decided my boys are the best boys in the world.  She tearfully thanked me at church the next day, and has checked with me nearly every Sunday to see how Pepper is doing with his diabetes.  And today, she had these gigantic chocolate eggs to give to the boys for Easter (she checked with me beforehand to make sure it was something Pepper could have).

I should tell you that prior to this, Sis. W scared the bajeesus out of me.  She came to church every Sunday, leaning on her cane with a decidedly harrumph! look on her face, and pretty much glowered at everyone who looked at her.  She's the one who told me, after we'd been here a year, that I should be ashamed of myself for not speaking German.  So, it's safe to say that I never would have expected her to be my sons' BFF.

But now, I can't think of her in any way except tenderly.  Why am I finding out how nice everyone is just before we have to move?

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Those are two VERY good boys and a good dad who knew to take them with him. Perhaps everyone was afraid of Sister W. and she just needed a little softening.

Denise said...

1. I need to know who that person is.

2. No wonder you didn't want to do Easter with us. Your house rocked!