Nothing strikes terror in my heart more than when one of my children rushes in, super excited, and invites me to come watch their show. I know there is no way I can refuse, so I am pretty much roped into watching, and cheering for, a "show" that at my house usually consists of one or more boys strumming toy guitars while they "sing" along to hard rock songs that sound to me like the sound my TV used to make when the channel wasn't coming in well.
Yep.

2 comments:
I was sitting in my backyard last night reading while the kids played. Shelbi and Sydney asked me to move my chair over to the swing set so they could show me their show. I said no thanks. Then I thought about my neighbors who were in their backyard and how mean I must sound to them.
I am SO not looking forward to this stage of parenting. I remember putting on hour plays with my sisters. We sang an entire soundtrack of The Little Mermaid to my mom. Play back is going to stink.
Post a Comment