Jessica has been plagued by a pimple this week, and she is convinced it has rendered her utterly hideous.
In the spirit of solidarity and support for her bruised self-esteem, I am posting one of the worst pictures of myself ever taken.
Here I am in all my 12-year-old glory modeling a dress I sewed myself in a Young Women fashion show (just reading this sentence makes me shudder - it's a recipe for disaster).
I remember that I made the bodice for the dress too short, so the "waist" was about 2 inches too high. That is why the pink sash was so wide - to cover it up. And, could the just-below-the-knee length be any more unflattering on my skinny legs? I have all the allure of a hockey stick. And, let's not even talk about the huge glasses. Or the white nylons.
But do you want to know the really sad thing? I thought I looked good.

3 comments:
My worst picture ever taken is very much like yours. It was the first day of 8th grade. I was wearing knee-length cut-off shorts with my skinny legs, glasses and awful hair. I once used this picture when teaching a Young Women's lesson to show that things can get better.
I have too many photos of myself like this one. Ugh. My kids are NOT going through the awkward teenage phase. I swear that they look cute every single day. SO. NOT. FAIR!
This made my heart happy! So cute. Mad skills on the dress. I should have made you make me one for the cruise :)
Post a Comment