Recently, Sister Berndt from our ward passed away. It was pretty sudden and a big shock to the whole ward. All three of her grown children are in our ward, and they play a big part in it. Her two sons-in-law are former stake presidents and her son is our current bishop.
I went to Sister Berndt's funeral today, which was held in the stake center and absolutely packed. Even though it was all in German and I only understood about 20% of it, I still cried nearly the whole time. Her husband was one of the first presidents of the Berlin Stake, and at the end of the funeral, a visiting area authority read a letter from the first presidency expressing condolences and gratitude for her faithful life. It nearly did me in.
This is a photo of Sister Berndt with her husband. Brother Berndt is seriously one of my favorite men in the whole world. He is one of Pepper's young men leaders, and he is so awesome with Pep. He calls Pepper "Peppermint" and always has a big grin and hug for Pep. My heart breaks when I think of him alone and grieving for his wife.

1 comment:
Tear. So sad. What a amazing couple.
Post a Comment