Almost 17 years ago, Brad's Grandma Herndon gave us this blanket as a wedding gift. It was big and soft and kind of furry, and Brad and I used to snuggle underneath it on our couch as we watched Star Trek: Next Generation in our little newlywed basement apartment (clearly, I loved him more then than I do now - Brad watches all his sci-fi shows alone now).
When Pepper came along, he adopted this blanket as his own, and it has gotten a lot of use and love through the years. Its furry goodness is a fond memory now, and it is nearly transparent in places.
Pepper was only two months old when Grandma Herndon died, and I can't help but think Grandma smiles whenever she sees Pepper wrapped up in her blanket.

2 comments:
Ha ha ha! Rob watches all of his Sci-Fi shows alone now too. LOVE the story of the blanket!
Jill, I have a blanket my grandmother hand stitched for me and Rob as a wedding gift. Every time I feel ill or just need a little love I wrap up in that blanket. Even though my grandma is still alive I feel her love envelope me every time I wrap up in that blanket.
Post a Comment