I remember once, when I was about 12, watching my mom clean out the fridge. When she was done, she stood back and surveyed her freshly cleaned fridge, heaved a sigh of relief, and exclaimed, "Now I can die - my fridge is clean!" Apparently, for my mother, having friends and family go through her gooky fridge was a fate worse than, well, death.
For some reason, I remember that little scene every time I clean out my fridge. When I finished cleaning my fridge this morning, I actually said, out loud, "Now I can die!"
I am my mother's daughter.

1 comment:
Any other time I could care less about how clean things are around my house. For some reason just before I travel I have to power clean and make sure everything is just so. I even shred things I wouldn't want people to read. It is crazy but if something were to happen to me while I was out of town my house will be clean. Does that even make sense?
Post a Comment