Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

For the last several Wednesdays, I have been teaching the Young Men/Young Women in my ward how to ballroom dance.  They have asked me to teach the kids some moves, and in April there will be a big "Ball" with the kids and their parents (I love how they call it a "Ball" - it feels so Cinderella!).  Every Wednesday night, I bring my camera so I can take a picture of the dancing, but then I get so into it that I forget to snap a photo.  Tonight was no different.

Even though I forgot to take a picture of the dancing, I did remember my camera before we went home.  Luckily, there was a Primary party happening at the church at the same time, so I whipped out my camera and took some shots of the post-Primary-activity antics that are inevitable.
 
Here are Adam and Lukie engaged in a very vigorous sword fight with some members of our ward. 
 
 This young man, C, is an exceptionally nice kid.  He always plays with my boys and makes a point of looking after Pepper at the Young Men activities.  And tonight, when I thought I'd lost my car key (Jess had taken it out of my purse so she could wait in the car - unbeknown to me), C found a flashlight and helped me scour the lawn in the dark to try to find it.  I should mention that C doesn't speak much English, so he really has to make an effort to relate to us.  I think it is unusual and highly admirable to see a 15 year old boy who is so compassionate and kind.

No comments: