Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Today, the fourth graders at Adam's school put on their performance of The Barber of Seville.  I have to admit that I didn't have very high expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised!  All of the kids seemed to be very into it, and they all had their parts memorized perfectly.  The costumes were great, and all in all it was a lovely hour.

Here is the opening number.  Adam is in red in the center.  This was his costume for Officer Vito.

Adam also played the role of Pavarotti, and it was in this role that he sang his big solo.

Here is the cast after taking their bows.  Adam is 2nd from the left.

My little star!


How cute is he? 

Adam was SO nervous last night and all this morning before the performance.  Their music director had really drilled into them how important it was for them to do their very best.  Adam was very afraid of making a mistake, but I assured him that I would be proud of him even if he messed up a little.  I also reminded him of all the practicing he'd done, and was quite sure he would be just fine.  He did great, and was really happy with himself afterward.

And, the weird thing is, now my 10 year old thinks opera is really cool!  As does my 4 year old, who got to watch and is dying to see it again.  Go BBIS!

P.S.  I videoed Adam's singing parts, but I'm experiencing technical difficulties transferring them to the computer.  I'll keep trying, and post the videos when I'm successful.  You really haven't lived until you've seen a fourth grader sing opera.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Question: Could Adam he any cuter?
Answer: Heck no.

MarieC said...

Waaaaaay cool!