On July 7th, my baby boy turned 3. I guess this means I shouldn't call him my Baby Boy anymore, but I'm sure I still will. This year was fun because it was the first year Luke really understood that it was his birthday and all the fuss was about him.
Lukie's birthday was also the big family Lagoon Day, so Jason's family was staying at my parents' house as well as Jodi's family and ours. That made for a fun breakfast birthday celebration with lots of cousins.
We did all the birthday partying at breakfast before we headed up to Lagoon.
Luke loved the attention!
After we saw how much he loved the waterguns on July 4th, it was a no-brainer that we should get him some water guns of his own for his birthday.
(As a side-note, you can see by the rubber pants in this picture that even though Luke has reached the ripe, old age of 3, the potty-training is still an on-going journey. Have mercy!)
Potty-training issues aside, I am so glad we have this little boy in our family. I can't imagine our lives without his smiling face. He has been like a little reward at the end of our family and we all just love him. He is almost always sunny and happy and thinks the whole world is here for his delight and pleasure.
I can't believe he is already 3!






2 comments:
Awwww...Happy birthday to Luke! he's a cutie!
I totally forgot about Luke's birthday. Where did the 3 years go? Don't worry he won't go to kindergarten in a diaper. Are you ready to count down the last few days of our 30"s? Tell Luke we said Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment