Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

My New Toy

Right after we took the Mother's Day picture in May, I gave my camera to Lukie so he could see the picture. He must have dropped it on the cement porch, because 5 minutes later when I got the camera back, it was all screwed up. The lens inside was clearly sceewompus, and when I tried to take a picture, everything was distorted.

After an appropriate mourning period (I LOVED that camera!), I ordered a new camera. It is actually the same brand and model as my old one(Canon Powershot G10), just 5 years younger and 10 megapixels more. And, of course, half the price. I ordered it from Amazon, and it just arrived a couple of days ago. I have been having the most fun dinking around with it and figuring out all the settings.

My new favorite thing is the color accent feature, which lets me choose one color to highlight, and then take a black and white picture with only the one color showing. This is a new feature for me, and I have been having a great time playing around with it. Here are a few shots:





These two are the same shot, but with different colors highlighted. Do you love it?!




I think this is my favorite so far.

Sorry if this is boring, but to geeks like me, it is really cool!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That is the coolest camera in the world!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow
Jill I Love the pictures!
I know I would love the camera too!
Have fun taking pictures.
Can't wait to see your next blog with pictures of course!