Jess chased Luke around for a while, but then got tuckered out and sat in the shade with Grandma and Grandpa. Apparently, there was some dorky teenage boy who was trying to show off for her, and Grandpa thought this was hilarious.
Pepper was the easiest child to keep track of in all the crowded craziness because he likes to stay close to Mom.
Adam, on the other hand, ran from one play structure to the next as fast as he could, trying all the climbing, balancing, imagining things he could. I was lucky to get him to stand still long enough to take this shot. This picture makes my heart melt. I love the light shining through his ears. He hates his pokey-outy ears, but I just love them. It is all I can do not to kiss the tips of them everytime he is close enough. Moms are so embarrassing.
Luke was a nightmare to chase around. Because there was such a mob of people at the park, I wanted to make sure I knew where he was every minute. So, that meant chasing him around, through, over, and under all the playground equipment. Let's just say I am too tall for many of the structures, so I kept bumping the top of my head on stuff. There is still a soft sore spot where I had my sunglasses on top of my head and they dug into my scalp when I hit my head. The reason Jess is in this picture is to hold him still for a minute so I could get a picture of him.
Pepper proudly conquered the monkey bars.
Adam tried many times to get all the way across this jiggly balance beam, and he finally made it.
Grandpa and Grandma found a shady spot to sit and relax.
Adam on one of his many adventures. I'm telling you, he tried everything.
Lukie was intrigued by this bridge. He ran back and forth across it many times. When he was finally done, there were about 4 little kids who decided to give it a try, so I couldn't get across it to follow him. Yes, I was the mean, big lady who nearly shoved the small children aside so I could catch up with my running little boy. Not my best moment.
We had to wait in a little line for the chance to try this spinny thing. Luke just loved it, so it was worth the wait.
Inside the structure shaped like a rocket ship was this little captain's bridge. I thought Brad would appreciate his boys playing Captain Picard and Riker (Yes, I did just have to google Star Trek: Next Generation to get those names. Don't think for a minute that I know them off the top of my head).
After the park, we stopped and got a dozen donuts. Delightful night!











No comments:
Post a Comment