Luke was baptized tonight!
We took advantage of our visit to Utah to have his baptism among our family. It was awesome. Since Uncle John is a bishop, we held the service in his ward and lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins. Grandpa and Grandma Larson were there in spirit, cheering him on from their mission in Nauvoo, and Grandpa and Grandma Bitner came despite Aunt Kate going into labor that afternoon. Grandpa had to go deliver baby Zoey at 4:00, but he still made it in plenty of time for the 6:30 baptism. It was a banner day for Bitners!
(Because of all the excitement, I was so dumb and didn't get a big picture of all the family--both from the Larson and Bitner sides--that came to support us. I'm just sick about it. It was a truly great occasion and I loved being supported by our families.)
Our last child to be baptized. What would we ever do without this boy?
We got a special treat when it turned out Michelle and Jeremy Wharton were in town and able to join us. These are great friends and our best neighbors from Michigan.
I should also give a shout-out to Lois for all the cute decorations and the amazing cakes for the gathering afterward. I just love my friends and family!
1 comment:
We were so glad we could be there to celebrate with you all.
Post a Comment