Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Oh, the things I do for my kids.

This is Adam at his baseball team's end of the year party, which was held at a local restaurant where parents were invited.

To the average, normal, person, this sounds like a great time.  To me, this is torture in its highest form.  Being forced to socialize with a large group of people that I don't know, especially when it feels like they all know each other, pretty much gives me hives. 

I mean no disrespect whatsoever to the nice people who were there, or the awesome coaches that worked with my son all season.  No, they are not the problem.  It is my own introverted, inherently shy, borderline hermit self that is at fault. 

So, if you will excuse me, I need to go yell at the neighbor kids who are playing on my lawn.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I'm so there with you. Ranks right up there with playdates that you have to stay with your kid. No thanks.