YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!
Jess got her driving permit today!
Finally. They don't do driver's ed through the school system here, so it took us a while to find out how to get her going. We ended up choosing a parent-taught course that we got online, and now she is good-to-go with her permit. She has to wait six months before she can get her real driver's license, but she can drive now as long as Brad or I am in the car with her and nobody else is.
So, of course, she wants to go driving all the time. You know those stories of white-knuckled parents slamming their feet onto imaginary brakes on the passenger side of the car? I am now one of those. The stories are not an exaggeration.

3 comments:
Oh, I feel your pain! Riding shotgun with a student driver is truly one of life's most terrifying experiences. Unlike giving birth, you don't forget this trauma, and when it comes time to teach the second student driver, the terror is still fresh. (Sorry, it's true...)
Yikes. Dad took me practice-driving an Halloween night. I was such a suspicious driver, I got pulled over. Then Dad told this story later that night to all my friends at my 16th birthday surprise party. I was mortified. Dumb, I know.
Yay for Je-ess, Ya-ay-ay!!
Post a Comment