Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

This is literally a plea for help.

If this entertainment center was built into your living room, what would you do to make it look nice?  What would you put on top of it?  How would you fill the big, brown space above the TV?  

And if this was your kitchen, what would you do about those windows?  Curtains--yes or no?  If yes, what kind?  Keep in mind that this room adjoins the living room, so they have to flow.  Or do they?  See, I know nothing.

Finally, what would you do with this wall?  It's big and tall and beige.  Ideas?

(Don't worry--even I know the table, chairs, and rug have to go.  We're working on that.)

Help!!!

9 comments:

MarieC said...

Entertainment center: tear it out, patch up the wall, and start over!

Windows: I'm a sucker for light so I would leave them as is.

Big blank beige wall: I'd get a big, beautiful framed photo of my favorite temple from my favorite temple photographer. looktothetemple.com (shameless plug for my dad, but that IS what I'd do with a big wall like that.)

ColleenandKendra said...

Entertainment center: if you are keeping it, maybe tall pottery pieces on top?

Windows: I know nothing. :-)

Big wall: I love a HUGE clock in the kitchen, or maybe make it a family pic wall? Or What MarieC said---a big pic of a temple would be lovely, too!

Jodi said...

You know I have blank wall issues also. I always have ideas running around in my head, but take forever to actually do them. I'm definitely pro-curtains. A great website to look at for inspiration is Houzz.com.

Jodi said...

Really big framed map? Chandelier? Floor to ceiling curtain panels? Sleek paneling 2/3 the way up the wall?

Jeneil said...

I like Jodi's idea of panaling for your blank kitchen wall and a chandelier to bring the high ceiling down a bit. Maybe even a huge, chunky framed mirror. TJMAX has great mirrors and wall art. As far as the entertainment center- I'd get one of those curly, iron wall hangings that hangs horozontally and hang it above the TV right inside the unit. Either that or 3 or 4 square pictures of something hung right in a row. I like the idea of large pots on top of it and maybe a wicker trunk. It would all go nicely with your leather. Long curtain panels hung just below the top square windows in the kitchen would warm things up too. You really have some nice details in your home's finish work!

Ashley said...

Yes, I am a blog stalker!! :) I would hang something above the tv. It definitely needs something to break it up a little, frame the windows in both rooms, and put three long canvas pictures on the wall. FUN!! Love new houses!! :)

Ashley said...

I love your blog, by the way. You are hilarious!!

Wharton Family said...

I agree with Marie C. ditch the entertainment center and start over. I also like the map or temple art for the kitchen. The window treatments (if you so chose them) should compliment the rug you put in there. Living here I love all the sun I can get in a room.

Marisa said...

I would fly Jenny out, make Brad hand over his wallet, and let her go hog wild! I love how she decorates her house!

I had a huge map (old world, in browns and greens) framed for my downstair wall. I got the map off Amazon and they laminated it for me and it was under $50. Brad could build the frame, no glass required. I have used little scrapbooking 'gems' to mark everywhere we have traveled. It is awesome! I always get compliments on it and it's a great conversation piece. If you don't want full curtains around the windows, hang a thick wrought iron rod below the square windows and loosely wrap it with tulle. In the entertainment center I would consider adding some paneling behind the TV painted and distressed, it will give some contrast, and then I like Jenny's idea of the small pictures. Good luck!