Afterward, we came home to pig-out on cheesecake.
Happy birthday Magoo!
Since he turned 12, Pepper was able to receive the Aaronic priesthood on Sunday and be ordained to the office of Deacon.
Here is Pep with the men who were in the circle when he received the Aaronic priesthood. They are Fabian Rakow (Young Men president and one of my favorite institute students), Andreas Fischer (2nd counselor in the bishopric), and of course Brad. Pepper was ordained by his Dad, who also gave him a blessing.
Here are my two favorite priesthood holders. Is there anything handsomer than a good man in a dark suit, white shirt, and tie?
Pepper was just glowing all day and I could tell he was thrilled to have the priesthood. He has such an earnest heart and desire to do the right thing. I'm sure that will serve him well in his priesthood responsibilities.
Next Sunday will be his first time passing the sacrament and I don't know how Pepper feels, but I'm already a nervous wreck. Good grief.
Sometimes being a mom feels like riding a rollercoaster - I'm proud and nervous and sad and delighted all at once as I watch my little man grow up.




4 comments:
I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe Pepper is 12 already!!! Goodness...it was five minutes ago when I taught him in primary! He looks so handsome and ready to be a priesthood holder. Awesome job, mom!
There is nothing more wonderful than seeing your worthy young man pass, prepare, and bless the sacrament. He'll do great!
He will be just fine. The older boys will help him out. That's the great thing about the priesthood, they are like a brotherhood who help and uplift each other.
You must be so Proud!
I know he will do a great job at passing the sacrement! He is one handsome boy!
Post a Comment