Every summer for the last few years, I have made the trek to Utah with every intention of using my time there to connect with old friends. And every summer, I leave Utah wishing I'd gotten together with more people.
Well, this year I finally got my act together. Thanks largely to Facebook, I was able to connect with some friends from high school and college that I haven't seen in a while. It was truly delightful!
These are some of my great friends from high school: Paula, Michelle, and Julie. We had a lovely dinner together at PF Changs in Orem and could have stayed there all night talking and catching up. I love these girls!
I wasn't smart enough to get pictures, but I also had some lunches with friends from my Ballroom days at BYU. Anna, Marci, and Roxanne all were kind enough to meet me and let me catch up with them. Being around friends from my younger days is so good for my self-esteem - it makes me feel young to be around them, and yet I still feel wise when we talk about how much we've learned since then. I have been blessed to have some amazingly talented, warm, funny, and delightful friends!
This August was also Brad's 20 year high school reunion. While I didn't go to high school with Brad, I've had the chance to know many of his friends from Layton High. So, it was fun to tag along on Brad's trip down memory lane.
Brad, Chad, Kyle, and Darren
With the wives: Me, Brad, Chad, Molly, Kyle, Darren, Jessica, Andy, and Rachel
This was the first time we've seen many of these people in a few years. It always surprises me how The Same everyone is, even after all that time. And even though we may have a few more pounds and wrinkles, I think everyone actually looks better now that we've grown into ourselves.



No comments:
Post a Comment