Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of School

Well, it's here again - the First Day of School.  I must say, it was MUCH easier to send my kids off to school this year than it was last year.  I'm glad I never have to live last year's first day of school again.

All the kids go to the same school, and this year we have the distinction of being the family with a child in every level - high school, middle school, elementary school, and pre-school.

Here are the kids excited to start learning! (yeah, right)

Jessica starts 9th grade.  High School - yikes!

Pepper's in 6th grade.  He was so nervous to start middle school.  When I took the kids in the car to drop them at the bus stop, Pepper didn't want to get out of the car until the very last minute.  I think he was trying to postpone the inevitable.  Later that day, I was at the school with Luke, and I ran into Pepper on the school grounds with a friend.  When I waved, the friend asked Pep if I was his mom.  Pepper rolled his eyes and said, "No".  Apparently, he is adjusting well to middle school.

Adam's in 4th grade, and he was the only one actually awake and excited to go to school.  The rest of us were really feeling the effects of jet lag.  When I was preparing breakfast, Adam followed me around, jabbering and offering tips and advice.  Half awake, I was less than appreciative.

Lukie started his day a couple hours after the other kids.  Even with two extra hours of sleep, he wasn't ready to wake up. 

With a little prodding, this was the best smile I could coax out of him.

You can see that it was a very rainy morning, which didn't help our spirits much. But still, everyone came home from school with smiles on their faces, so I guess all is well.

Happy Learning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures are so Cute!
I am suprised Jessica let you take her picture. Lowell would have no part of it. Boys!
It's so weird to have only 1 child left in school.
Take Care

Michelle said...

I love Luke's first picture; It makes him look so very cool! It doesn't seem like that long ago you were posting about your kids' first day of school last year. I think I'm getting old. Glad it was a more pleasant experience this time around!