Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

"Buzz Lightyur" Birthday

On July 7, much to my chagrin, my baby boy turned 4 years old. We hadn't seen Toy Story 3 yet, so we thought that would be a fun way to celebrate Luke's birthday. He recently saw the first Toy Story, and was very into Buzz Lightyear - or as he says it, "Buzz Lightyur" - so his whole birthday kind of revolved around the characters from Toy Story.  We went to the theater to see Toy Story 3, then came back to my parents' house to finish the party.

If you look closely, you can see his cake featured Woody and Buzz.

Lukie loved all the attention, cake, and presents.  Who wouldn't?



Austin and Dylan gave him this dart gun, which was the hit of the party.  If you are ever wondering what to buy a little boy, get one of these.  Always a hit.

Before his birthday, whenever we asked him what he wanted, he said he wanted a Buzz Lightyur toy.  The day before, the other kids and I went shopping for his gifts.  When we came home, Luke saw Jessica carrying a package of toilet paper, and she told him she got that for his birthday.  After that, for the rest of the day, we'd ask Luke what he wanted for his birthday, and when he said "Buzz Lightyur toy" we'd finish by saying "-let paper.  Okay!" and he'd get REALLY mad.  Like, fall-on-the-floor-screaming-in-frustration mad.  So, of course, we did it over and over again.

Well, after Luke had opened all his gifts, my dad ran into the house to get him one more. . .

. . .Buzz Lightyur Toy-let Paper! 
Luckily, after getting all his cool, "real" gifts, Luke had a better sense of humor and enjoyed the joke!

I can't believe it has only been four years since this little boy joined our family.  We waited awhile and kind of worked up our courage to have him, and now I can't imagine our lives without little Lukie.  He is a delightful little boy and I often think of him as my little "dessert" child.  He is truly a sweet finish to my family.

6 comments:

MarieC said...

Happy Birthday, Lukie! He is too darn cute!

ColleenandKendra said...

He's darling, and (gulp) so grown up looking now! He was just a baby when I left! Happy birthday little guy!

Wharton Family said...

He is so darn adorable and when did he get permission to grow up? Give him a squeeze from us.

Suzette said...

I cannot believe our baby boys are four! I'm just telling myself that four is still kind of baby-ish? btw, I commented on your Michigan post down below.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Luke. Looks like your having a great time with family.
Jill the girl next to Jessica
Looks like you. Is that your niece. The Picture with the birthday cake.

Fleur de Bee said...

DARLING photos!! I will have to play catchup to your blog this next week when I get around to it. Alexis couldn't stop talking about Adam in the car! It was pretty cute and he was quite the little gentleman tonight!

xo Molly