Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

I'm Dreaming. . .


. . .of a White Christmas! 

So, this afternoon, I was feeling very cozy in my chair reading my book next to the Christmas tree, when I decided I needed more Diet Coke (yes, this was a perfect moment in time).  So, I got up and went to the kitchen, glancing out the window on the way, and guess what I saw! 

Snow! 

Yaaaaay!

This is the view of our street from our front door.


And here is our snow-covered backyard.


As soon as Adam and Luke saw the snow, they made a mad rush for boots, hats, and gloves and got right to work on the first snowman of the season.  Incidentally, this picture was taken at 4:00 in the afternoon.  It gets dark really early here.

I don't really have high hopes that this dusting of snow will last until Christmas, but right now I am basking in the beauty of it all.  I love the first snowfall of the season, because it is new and clean and seems to transform the ordinary into a picture postcard.

And the best part is that I don't have to do anything for the rest of today except sit in my cozy chair, reading my book next to the Christmas tree, drinking Diet Coke, and marinating in the sense that Christmas is coming, my house is warm, and my family is happy.


 Aaaahhhh. . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of the front yard looks like a PostCard for Christmas! Good Job! I am glad you are doing so well and It looks like the kids are adusting well to school! Hope you Have a Merry Christmas!
Love You Lauralyn

EmWJ said...

Oh! I had just thought that life had gotten so busy you hadn't time for blogging, and while it looks like you have many adventures keeping you busy, I'm so glad blogging and I'm so glad I caught up! Thanks for the invite!

Michelle said...

Your front yard view looks amazing! I bet that snow makes you wish you could attend the Spencer Family this year, doesn't it? Your comment on my blog made me laugh out loud when I remembered the "tap dancing ladies" who put on, um, quite a show at the last SF I attended. Always great entertainment, every year...not to mention great food...