The
good news of the day is that Brad signed the lease papers for a house
in Berlin this morning. Yay! We officially have a place to live! I would
have hated being homeless in Germany.
The house isn't available until July, so Brad will be staying in a small furnished apartment until then. Hopefully, our furniture will arrive early in July, so he won't be rattling around an empty house for too long. I have already Google-mapped the neighborhood, and I know where the nearest McDonald's is, so that is a comfort. This house is actually very close to the first house we picked out, so that helps me feel like I kind of know what to expect.
How weird is this? We are going to live there!
11 comments:
Jill that is awesome. It looks really big and nice. When I think if Europe I always think of really small apartments and not a lot of green space. All I can say is that you are much braver than I. Good Luck!
Jill
I am very excited for you!
I can see you and your family very
happy there. Love the backyard.
The house looks nice and big.
Sunny yellow walls will keep you happy! I know I would spend alot of time in the backyard. You could have lemonade in the tea room.
This looks wonderful! What an amazing experience it will all be for your family.
I agree with you that it is strange to leave dirty towels on the floor when someone is coming to look at your house. They must be pretty confident the house will rent regardless! :)
What a great house! And I love all of your funny comments about the clutter - I am with you 100% Good luck with everything and make sure you have a computer or a phone next to your "I hate Germany Days" tub, so that you can vent to someone other than the tub walls - :)
This is fantastic! I love the yard and the tub. I am excited that you finally have somewhere to live. Tell Brad he did well...
The furniture in the living room made me laugh. It looks like you have fancy chandeliers all over your house (even in the boys room).
Jodi
Jill, I am so sorry to hear about this find. Rob and I had the perfect house picked out for you. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, a workroom off the garage, first floor laundry and a newly added basement office and 4th bedroom. It sits in a quiet cul de sac with awesome neighbors. We will really miss you guys but I guess going to Germany to live with Brad is probably the better plan.
Jill, the house looks awesome! I think it looks comfortable and welcoming. I can't believe you're going to be living there in the not-too-distant future. How far away is the church? Temple?
I love it! I'm so excited for you! The backyard is fantastic.
I think it looks like a great house! Maybe the teahouse will become a huge playroom, who knows? Honestly, this one looks like a gem compared to most European houses/apts I've seen. It even has a dishwasher! (I saw one my entire mission...)
Hi Jill,
so you're moving to Germany?
You might like to take a look at my blog on http://www.allthingsgerman.net/ or listen to my podcast on http://www.themondaypodcast.com/
How's your German?
Post a Comment