Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

DWTS in SLC!

This year for Christmas, Brad surprised me with a plane ticket to Salt Lake City so I could go to the Dancing With the Stars on Tour with his mom and sisters. I had tried to get tickets for Jess and I to go in Detroit, but it was on a Sunday, so I let it go. I was very surprised to see the ticket when I opened my gift on Christmas morning, especially when I saw that it was a mini-trip to Salt Lake City! So fun! So, on December 29, I flew to Utah. I had a nice visit with Haley, who showed me the plans for her new house (so exciting!) then I drove down to see my family. My sisters Jenny and Jami were there with their families, and Bust and Josh, too.




I got to see Jami's baby Dylan - only 5 weeks old - who totally reminded me of Adam when he was tiny.

We stayed up way too late playing games, but it was OK because I was kid-less and got to sleep in the next morning (although, sadly, the time change screwed me up, and my sleeping-in only lasted until 7:30 a.m.).

After a delightful, relaxing day with my mom, Jami, and Josh, I met Lois, Haley, Becky, and Kate in Salt Lake on Tuesday night. We met for dinner, then walked over to the E Center for the show.



Here I am with Kate and Becky waiting for our table at dinner. Good excuse for a picture, right?


 We had good seats - front row of the top section - so we didn't have any annoying heads in our way (although, we did have to contort ourselves somewhat to see around the railing).


I felt bad for Jessica back home babysitting so I could be in Salt Lake watching our favorite show, so I took a bunch of pictures of Derek Hough. Jess used to say that Derek Hough was her husband until we saw magazine pictures of him smoking and read that he has moved in with Shannon Elizabeth (so gross). Even though he is dumb, we both still think he is very cute.


 Toni Braxton isn't much of a dancer, so I appreciated that the show's producers let her sing a few numbers instead.



The show had more all-professional numbers than star/pro numbers, which was good. I really liked this all-pro Paso Doble.


Another shot of cutie-patootie Derek Hough - for Jessica of course!


After the show, I spent the night at Bitners', then got up early to make an 8:00 a.m. flight back home. It was quick trip, but so fun! It was a totally unexpected visit with my family, and I couldn't ask for a better Christmas present. Thanks Brad - you are my favorite!

1 comment:

angie said...

Ok- so now I am jealous!! Why didn't I go? I live right here! Looks like it was neat. I have had a huge crush on Derek Hough- I am in love with his sister too! Too bad he's let his celebrity life get to him- I think he might be an RM. SAD! What a great Chrstmas present- Brad is a cool husband.