This week, I found out the head baseball coach at Cedar Valley has been spreading rumors about me and an assistant coach having an affair. I am outraged. This is the last straw in a very frustrating year with Coach Miller, and I can no longer keep quiet. This morning, I sent a 6+ page letter to the Alpine School District administration outlining all the abuse we've seen Miller inflict on Luke and asking for his termination.
This is a hard thing for me to do. I love baseball, and I love the Cedar Valley team. In sending my letter, I know there is a good chance Luke will be cut from the team and I will no longer be welcome on the bleachers. But if I'd swallowed this, I would've hated myself. Luckily, Luke is 100% on board. As he said, "Miller has already ruined baseball for me. He can't ruin in more." I hope he's right.
Me? I'm just sad. It sucks to fight something I once desperately loved.

1 comment:
That is infuriating!
Post a Comment