I went to the Draper Family Party this afternoon, where I got to spend a couple hours with my mom's siblings. I could not have loved it more!
Mom and Aunt Peg. This pic captures their personalities perfectly.
Aunt Kris, Mom, and Aunt Peg splash while Jami looks on.
Mom, Aunt Vicky, and Aunt Peg
The highlight of the day was this story and photo shared by Aunt Peg. My Grandma Draper (center) took a trip to Northern CA to visit her brother Lynn, and planned to take my mom (left) along to help with Mike (in stroller). Peg, the perpetual middle child, was so sad not to be invited and felt very forgotten in the days leading up to the trip. On the morning they were to leave, Peg woke up to a new pair of pedal pushers her mom had sewed for her with a note saying she could come. Peg is wearing those pedal pushers in the pic. Peg shared how thrilled she was to be included and she felt seen by her mother, even though she was buried in the middle of a huge family.




1 comment:
That story makes me cry. I adore Grandma and Peg!
Post a Comment