Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Saturday, January 29, 2022

 

For years, I used this striped basket to cart my lesson materials to seminary. It used to be full of my computer (with a daily Powerpoint lesson), scriptures, treats, and whatever gadgets/prizes/toys I needed to hold the attention of a roomful of teenagers at 5:30 am.

Now it's full of crayons, wooden puzzles, a bubble machine, snowman blanket, and a two-minute lesson that will probably fail to hold the attention of a roomful of toddlers at 11:30 am. 

I miss my seminary years. I miss my seminary kids. I miss hearing their thoughts and laughing at their jokes and seeing their eyes light up when they felt the spirit.

But now I get to hold my students on my lap. I wipe noses and dry tears and sometimes--on good days--I see their eyes light up when they see me across the chapel. That's pretty great, too.

No comments: