Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Jessica's new home.

After driving for two days (during which we got to take a purely delightful break in Fort Collins to see Braedyn, Julie, and Lauren Johnson, who were dropping Braedyn off at CSU), we arrived in the great state of Utah.  Today, we went up to USU and got her all moved in and her pantry shelves filled.

It was impossible for me not to relive my freshman days at BYU as we got her settled into her dorm room at USU.  Poor Jess got to hear story after story of scratchy sheets, dips in kitches, and freshman romances.  It was all I could do to leave and not move into her dorm room with her.

By evening, I had run out of excuses to stay, so I had to leave her there and drive back to my inlaws' all by myself.  It wasn't pretty, and I probably wasn't safe to drive.  On the way, I stopped at The Training Table to drown my sorrows in a stroganoff burger and cheese fries.  It helped considerably.

When I arrived at the Bitner homestead, Lois greeted me with this:
"I thought you might need this," she said with tears in her eyes.

She knows me so well.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

And...now I have tears in my eyes. Oh, Jess (and Lois).