This year, Pepper signed up to play for his school's soccer team. One of the deals of him being on the team is that we are supposed to help sell concessions at games and house students from other schools when they come to play in tournaments.
Pepper has attended every practice since the season began. EVERY practice. And every week, when they post who will play in the weekend game, his name is absent. Not even an alternate. Now, I get that Pepper is no David Beckham, but would it really hurt anything for him to play 5 or 10 minutes in an occasional game?
So, all season, I have been passive-aggressive and refused to help with the concessions. They always post the play list on Wednesdays, and on Fridays when they try to get me to come help, I don't respond. If my kid doesn't get to play, why should I show up to sell popcorn to all the others?
When they asked me to house some students from another school this weekend, I didn't readily volunteer. In a moment of weakness, I finally agreed to house two students for one night.
These two very nice girls from southern Germany are staying with us tonight so they can play in the big soccer tournament at the kids' school on Friday and Saturday.
No, Pepper was not invited to play with the boys' team -- again.

3 comments:
That is just heartbreaking. I agree, Pepper should get the chance to play. (And, I'd be passive-aggressive right along with you if I were there.)
Hi Jill, Thanks for stopping by my blog. Visitors are always welcome! Germany sounds like an adventure, but selling popcorn does not. I am with you.
That Pepper doesn't get to play is just WRONG! That you are not helping with concessions is exactly what I would do. Good for you!
Post a Comment