My morning consisted of a yummy breakfast prepared by Brad and the boys, opening delightful gifts, and listening to my 13 year-old daughter admit in her sacrament meeting talk that she loves me.
My afternoon consisted of trying to ignore the dirty dishes in the kitchen from the dinner I had to prepare because Brad is sick in bed. The kids kept telling me they were going to clean up the kitchen, but as the hours wore on, I had my doubts.
My evening consisted of feeling sorry for myself because I can't be home celebrating Mother's Day with my own mother and family. The Pity Party continued as I finally succumbed and cleaned up the dishes, which after 6 hours of sitting, had a crusty layer that required some soaking.
Ah, Mother's Day.
4 comments:
Well, even if you did have to cook your own dinner and wash the dishes, I hope it was a great Mother's Day. I got hugs from both my big, tall, teenage boys IN CHURCH today! Wow!!
You have 4 very great Mother's Day gifts right there in those darling kids!
Rob didn't make it home so it was cold cereal for me. Primary was crazy and then I was blessed to drive with my mom to my grandma's for a visit. I left the dishes in the sink from dinner in hopes that all of those lessons on how to open the dishwasher door would not be lost on my kids but it was and I too ended up washing crusty dishes.
Sounds like you should have gone back to bed immediately after church.
I had to recover all day on Monday for how worn out I was because of Mother's day! Trying to make it special for two mom's that live within five minutes of each other wore me out . . . and is it possible for one day out of the year to have peace between all the children? . . . Nope. Maybe next year :)
Post a Comment