Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More Easter

After the kids finished hunting for eggs in the neighborhood, we came back inside the house and colored some real eggs.

I boiled a dozen eggs for each kid to color, which makes a LOT of egg salad afterwards (needless to say, I threw about 1/2 of it out - don't tell the starving children in China). The important thing was that the kids had fun coloring eggs.


I had to laugh at this egg. Pepper was experimenting with dipping his eggs in 2 colors - first half in one color, then half in another. This egg ended up with a little white showing, as you can see. He showed it to me just like this, and said, "This egg looks like a fat lady." I think he meant it looks like the back end of a fat person whose pants and shirt don't quite meet - especially when she bends over. For those of you who don't know Pepper, he doesn't have a mean, judgemental bone in his body. He just calls thing like he sees them - a simple observation. I chuckled about this all afternoon - he was right!

The next morning, the kids were delighted to see that the Easter Bunny had come...








Luke especially couldn't believe his luck - there was candy everywhere! A two-year-old boy's dream come true.

That evening, we had Easter dinner up at Jeff and Jodi's house. Once Erik and Luke found their way outside, we couldn't drag them back in the house. These two little boys just LOVE each other! They call each other "Geeker" and "Owek", and I have never seen two-year-olds play together as well as they do.

A lovely Easter, although we missed Brad all day. Sigh...

No comments: