Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

No house

I'm so sad.

Brad just called with the news that the house we'd arranged to rent in Berlin has sold, so we're not going to be able to rent it. I'm bummed because I was getting used to the idea of living over there, and picturing our family snug in that house. I'd even begun to figure out where our furniture was going to fit in each room.

Now we have to start over on the house-hunt. Brad is leaving this Sunday to begin working in Germany, and he already has made arrangements to look at more houses with our agent. I'm sure he'll pick out something good - he chose our house here in MI all by himself - but I wish I could see it before I have to move in. I need to imagine myself living there so I can get my mind wrapped around it. We're talking about my mental health here!

But for now, I'm saving my melt-downs for the fact that Brad is leaving on Sunday.

I'm so sad.

4 comments:

Mindi B said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I hope Brad finds something you will love!

Maemae said...

oh! i feel so bad for you guys! but i'm sure that the next one will be even better!

haley said...

That stinks Jill! Hope you have a fun weekend despite the bad news! Tell Adam Congrats and we are proud of him. I just still can't believe he is 8, I remember going to see him when he was just born in your Layton house. Crazy! Well we will call you guys on Sunday and chat with Adam. Hope all goes well. Love you guys!

mamabit said...

Jill, I didn't even know that you guys were moving. I know exactly how you are feeling. Going to Germany with our little family was a great experience but the unknown is always the hardest. We were there for 4 years and we visited Berlin many times. I know you will be blessed. My blog is thebitnerbunch.blogspot.com Love you, Marilyn