Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Why I have no life...

I feel like September has just flown by in a fog! This Fall, we signed Pepper and Adam up for flag football and soccer, respectively, thinking that one sport per child was reasonable. What we didn't count on was the amount of time each team spent practicing and playing games. I have honestly been driving to either a game or a practice every day, Monday thru Saturday, since September 1st. While it has been crazy, it has been fun, too. It is nice to spend a couple hours each day outside in the delightful fall weather. We have had a couple coooolllddd nights, but mostly it is around 65 degrees and pleasantly crisp.


We signed Adam up for a soccer league in a neighboring city because our town plays their games on Sundays. While the extra drive time was a drag (30-plus minutes to get there from our house, and nearly 90 minutes for Brad to get there from work), we really liked his coach and the other parents.

Even though this was his first time playing in a soccer league, Adam did very well and established himself as a star player. He scored the first goal of the season for his team, which in fact was the only goal of their first game (they won 1-0).

He didn't like playing goalie or defense much because he preferred running and chasing the ball.

Adam's last game was last night, so he will have a break until Spring Soccer starts in April. The season ended just in time, as last night was pretty cold, and it was nearly dark when the game ended.


Pepper is playing flag football and it has been a real learning experience for him AND me! He plays right tackle (I think), and I wasn't prepared to watch my little boy shoving and getting shoved so much.

That is Pepper with the blue thing over his jersey in the center of the picture. Even though it is flag football, they wear all the pads, which should have clued me into how rough the game is.


Pepper has spent a lot of time working on being aggressive and ready to move when the ball is snapped. Here he is in his little 3-point stance (is it wrong for me to think he is so cute?).


Pepper is #20. During the games, I look for the #20 jersey, or I can also tell it is him by his saggy bum in the football pants.


Don't hurt my boy!


My favorite football stud.


Watching all the sports this fall has been a dream-come-true for Luke. Pepper left his football gear out one afternoon, and Luker decided it was his turn to play. He is also quite good at squatting down and calling "Hike!" in a very macho voice.


I guess with three boys, I should get used to spending my time at various sports games. Jessica is also busy with her ballet classes, but that is easier for me to relate to. I'm glad I have at least one daughter I can live vicariously through...

No comments: