Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Jessica turns 12!

On August 20, Jessica turned 12 - a momentous birthday. Since most of her friends are already in Young Women, she was more than ready to leave Primary and join the big girls. In honor of her birthday, we threw a "Crazy Pants Party." Each of the girls wore the craziest pants they could find, and we had a little fashion show with prizes. Then, of course, we watched "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants."

No birthday party is complete without cake. Jessica decorated her own birthday cake this year - you probably can't tell, but the cake is cut to look like pants and Jess made sure they were very crazy.

Make a wish...


Jess's big gift this year was an iPod. I'm not sure this was a good idea, because now she spends all her time with earphones in. I'm kind of lonely without my buddy to talk to. With all these boys in my family, I need her for girl talk!


Happy birthday Jessica! I am so proud of you and the truly cool person you are. Our family is all the better because you are in it. You have great instincts with people and I appreciate all the help you give me with the boys without me even having to ask. Even though you will always be my Baby Girl, I am looking forward to watching you grow up and become the sweet, smart, amazing woman you will be. I love you.

2 comments:

haley said...

Happy Birthday Jess! We agree you are such an awesome girl! We loved seeing you over the summer and can't believe how cute and grown up you have become. Have fun in Young Womens!

Laker Family said...

What a fun idea for a party and it looks like everyone had a great time!